Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Shark bite


"Did you see 'Air Jaws?'"

I was asked that question by at least three different people last week. So exactly what did we do before Shark Week? And why are we so obsessed?

It's been four days since the Discovery Channel wrapped the 20th year of shark coverage, and I still haven't adjusted. As nerdy as it sounds, last week these shows were the topic of conversation among my circle of friends. Even though I was in Jackson for most of the week, I managed to TiVo as much Shark Week as possible.

I did see "Air Jaw," and I was astonished at how these two-ton Great Whites could perform such elegant air acrobatics. I also learned, contrary to popular belief, Bull sharks are the most dangerous of all because they can adapt and survive 3 to 4 years in fresh water.

You think I'm bad? My roommate confessed she and her sorority sisters would schedule homework, showers and sleep around the sharks when they were in school.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

I watched an hour about tonic immobility last night on TLC. I had no clue you could just swim with sharks like that. I thought you had to be in the cage.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Tonic immobility ... I thought that was awesome!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Steph, I can't believe you called me out like that! oh well, I guess now the secret's out what a nerd I am. haha

9:56 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Missy, I easily watched more shark week episodes then you this year! I took home the nerd award this time!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home