Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Flannagan's closes doors on Kings Highway

Flannagan's has shut its doors, at least for now.

The popular music spot near the corner of Youree Drive and Kings Highway has closed for reasons owner Robbie Buhl won't share. But there is hope for those who have been faithful concertgoers and drinkers at the Shreveport venue. Buhl promises the shut down is only temporary while he looks to relocate somewhere downtown.

Upcoming concerts will be postponed, but Buhl says the new location should be open in about two weeks. Hopefully the new location will have better air conditioning.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

Sad news. I have great memories there...like Vanilla Ice.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I hated Vanilla Ice, but I sure will miss those Futuro Boots shows!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I'm not going anywhere unless there is proper A/C. I mean, that was just ridiculous.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ditto on the A/C. That was so bad at Losing Anna! I missed half their set b/c I had to go sit in the back bar just to cool down.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home