Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Monday, July 16, 2007

Paula, Straight Up Now Tell Me ...


As part of my lazy weekend activities, I caught an episode of Bravo's "Hey Paula." I was curious about the show due to the swarm of controversy about Paula Abdul's bizarre behavior and accusations that she was drunk during recent interviews.

Abdul probably agreed to the reality show to put herself in positive light, but I think her plan backfired. In fact, I think her show is making the accusations against her worse. I watched the show and even though Abdul kept going on about how tired and hungry she was, I had a hard time believing she wasn't drunk. I've been tired and I can't remember my speech ever slurring because of it. If you haven't been watching, I suggest you tune in. It's possibly one of the strangest TV shows of the summer.

On a related note, "American Idol" auditions are heating up for the show's seventh season. On Aug. 4-7, "Idol" auditions will be held at Texas Stadium in Dallas and I'm looking for a few local contestants to tag along with. I know there is no point in me singing for the judges, but I'd like to see what contestants endure for their shot at stardom.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

Is it better than that Bobby and Whitney show?

1:21 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Honestly, I think that she is on prescription drugs that interact with each other and make her act drunk. She's a crazy one.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I don't know if it's better, but Paula gives a pretty good meltdown. And you can expect at least one each episode.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

"Why isn't someone feeding me grapes?" I think that was my favorite line of the episode.

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

steph, if you were to watch CSI, you would know that in cases of severe hunger syptoms can be similar to those of intoxication.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Matthew, I suspect I'd know how to find gun shot residue using a black light too, huh?

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home