Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bar golf leaves group short one club


After receiving a wake-up call from my dear friend Sammy, I thought, "What better way to kick off the morning than with a blog and a Starbucks Iced Mocha."
Sammy, you are right. "Sopranos" did end a week ago and it is time for a new blog entry. I haven't forgotten about you lovely people, nor have I been short of interesting content for your eyes. Just a little short on hours. But, let's move on to the good stuff.
Last week for the IN column, I wrote about a rowdy group of bar golfers. The drunk and disorderly group of married men, with the exception of one or two guys, was over the top. And while I can tolerate and even enjoy watching people act like this, the bartenders at Stray Cat didn't seem share in my amusement.

"Most of the time I feel like I'm babysitting," Scott, one of the bartenders, said. "Don't do that, stop doing this, get your beer out of the ceiling fan."
I can understand Scott's frustration. He's the sheriff. It's his job to maintain order and keep the fun at a level that is fun for everyone. However, at the end of the night, justice was served when the group of guys left the bar and left their putter. Which has since ended up in my hands and on my desk. It's half-trophy and half a reminder that drinkers should know their limits, and I'm holding it ransom.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

Don't lie, you're adding that putter to your golf bag.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Shhhh ....

11:43 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Oh honestly Steph. You left out the part about the glove. What are you good for anymore?

11:49 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Oh and Kate jacked a golf glove, which now hangs from my rear-view mirror.

Sorry Kate.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes kate returns to her clepto ways...oh i know the secret!!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Matt, it's almost good enough to be a country song -- "She Only Steals When She Drinks." What do you think?

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

doesnt sound like it couldn't be anymore true...what would the lyrics be like? something along the lines of 'hearts and glasses, smooth as molasses; she only steals when she drinks...'

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home