Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Dano is my hero

After losing my coin purse Saturday night, I found myself stranded. Considering my coin purse holds my identity (ID, debit and credit cards) rather than just coins, I was sad to see my small Louis Vuitton purse go.

I'd checked every crevice of my vehicle with a flashlight and the help of two friends and it didn't take long to realize my little purse was gone. After driving around town, retracing my steps, I threw in the towel and cancelled my cards before any damage could be done.

One of my friends instructed me to be optimistic, saying it would turn up or some kind soul would return the bag. I didn't believe it even though I knew having my coin purse wasn't going to benefit anyone else.

Since a few business cards were stashed in the purse, I was hopeful I'd received an e-mail from someone who'd found it over the weekend. No such luck and with that I gave up and just a few hours later, my work phone rang.

"Stephanie? Hey, this is Dano Anderson. Sweetie, I found your wallet."

Now, I could have cared less that he called it a wallet -- Dano was walking down Market Street, saw my purse, picked it up and ACTUALLY made the effort to return it. When Dano dropped off my purse yesterday, I rushed out to the lobby to shake his hand and say thanks. I joked with him about how I must have been swinging my purse around my neck and didn't realize my coin bag flew out.

Dano, who moved here to work in the film industry, just wrapped filming for "The Better Man." And this week, at least in my book, he was the best man of them all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

More likely, you were drunk and dropped it.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Whatever, it's not your coin purse we're talking about here Sammy!

My purse wasn't zipped and it could have happened to anyone.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Hahaha.... you were swinging it around your neck. I remember it swing by swing.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I mean, I was never very good at hula hooping, why would this be any different?

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hula hoops? how about trampolines

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home