Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Guitar Hero is a worthy way to rock out


For weeks, my friends have been going on and on about Guitar Hero, a video game where you compete battle-of-the-bands style with other players.

Anytime we've been riding in the car and a song featured on the game came on the radio someone would say, "I can rock this song on Guitar Hero." In fact, air Guitar Hero has replaced the out-dated air guitar.
This past weekend, my younger brother, Taylor, got the game and sent me a text message challenging me to a guitar duel. Because I took a guitar course in college, once played in a group called Lilies of the Field and love rock music, I thought I was going to take the official title of Guitar Hero. Boy was I wrong.
After stopping by my parents' house for dinner last night, I learned this video game has very little to do with actual guitar ability. But after three tutorials and a couple practice rounds, I was hooked. Taylor and I played the game for nearly two hours. By the night's end I'd even been able to work the occasional head bang into my routine. Now, I'm wondering when I can play again.
(Photo: Carie Cotter and Kate Warren face off during a night of Guitar Hero.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Oh Guitar Hero, I love you. Seriously... it's been awhile since I've played.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Sammy said...

Come to Little Rock and duel me. I will destroy you.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Oh Sammy, your assumptions are premature. I'm a natural.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Austin can be the live music capital of the world. Shreveport should totally become the Guitar Hero capital.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home