Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Friday, April 13, 2007

Can Indy do it again?


Growing up, it didn't get much better than Indiana Jones. Here was this normal guy. Deep in the jungle. He's an archaeologist who gets in over his head and knows exactly what to do. He battles bugs and gets the girl. Of course, to get the girl you've got to be able to battle the bugs (that's 30 percent of why us gals like you guys).

I'll never forget Indy walking through a crunchy tunnel of bugs in "Raiders of the Lost Ark." I think even today I'd have to cover my eyes through parts of that scene. Indiana Jones was never fearless, he was just an ordinary guy who managed to survive runaway mine carts, floods and collapsing rope bridges. And that's why we loved him. For the most part, he was just hanging on for dear life.

On May 22, 2008, the latest Indiana Jones adventure is set to hit theatres. But Harrison Ford is not the Indy he once was. Can a man in his 60s pull of the same stunts he did more than 20 years ago? Of course with stunt doubles anything is possible, but would it be believable?


As much as I love Indiana Jones, maybe it would be best to remember him 20 years younger.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

This is the perfect movie to make, because Indy was the most realistic movie hero to begin with. Rocky Balboa? No, old dudes aren't good boxers, just look at George Foreman. Most archaeologists are old anyways, and don't women still find Harrison Ford attractive? I just hope they keep it more realistic with his age, but I think it will be great nonetheless.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Sammy, I hope the movie is great too. I'm just saying the odds are stacked against it. Unless, he's climbing the side of a mountain and pulls his back out, I can't see this being realistic.

But, I'm trying to be optimistic. After all, isn't that what Indiana Jones is all about? Getting out of sticky situations?

And as for Harrison Ford, I liked him until he got his ear pierced. What was that about?

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI...

http://starwars.com/community/news/films/news20070413.html

4:53 PM  
Blogger john steinbeck said...

Sammy--

George Foreman won the heavyweight championship of the world at age 45, by knocking out Michael Moorer, not to mention taking Evander Holyfield to a very close decision a couple of years earlier. I'd like to see Harrison Ford, or even Indiana Jones do that, sans whip of course because that would make it unfair.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

John Steinbeck,

I don't know you but you are my favorite author.

9:47 AM  
Blogger john steinbeck said...

Sammy--

I don't know you but it sounds like we should talk sports sometime. You also sound like Michael Moorer's agent. If he didn't have a glass chin, then all of this would be moot as well. All I'm saying is winning a heavyweight belt at age 45 is an accomplishment no matter how you do it.

By the way Stephanie, I wrote East of Eden just for you. . .unless you like Grapes of Wrath better, then I wrote that one for you. Sorry I hijacked you Indy Jones thread with Sports talk. I guess I should go to your sports guys blog for that.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Dear John Steinbeck,

East of Eden happens to be my favorite book of all time. So, since you wrote it for me, I'll forgive all the sports talk.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home