Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Wearing vs. Carrying Green

I held up my promise. Saturday night (St. Patrick's Day) I did not wear green, however I did carry a green clutch. When my friend tried to pinch me, I called foul play.

"Umm, do you see this," I said as I dangled my little green purse.

"There is a difference between wearing and carrying green. Carrying green doesn't count."

I think the theory is bogus, almost as bogus as being forced to wear green to spare yourself physical abuse, so I pinched my friend in objection.

Where do you stand on these St. Patrick's Day rules? I've got a little less than a year to sort all this out. I still think a green purse counts.

Saturday night, I hung out with friends at Flannagan's to hear Jackson Waters and Losing Anna. The concert was great. Of all the concerts I've seen at Flannagan's, I've never seen the place so packed and never felt it so hot in the smoke-filled bar.

Once again, I'm encouraging you guys ... OK, begging ... to send in some photos. E-mail me at snetherton@gannett.com. Tell me a little bit about the picture and I'll post it here!

7 Comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

As a guy with virtually no fashion sense I'm not even going to attempt to interpret a "rule" concerning a female accessory. This "Wearing vs. Carrying" idea does present another, more universal question: Does drinking green beer out of a clear mug exempt one from the consequences of not "wearing" green? If your theory is correct, it should. What are all of the male vodka and whiskey drinkers to do? They're left having no choice but to don color of faith. Then again, I don't think it would be in someone's best interest to pinch a whiskey drinker after 3 drinks.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Italian. Give me a jingle when you have a question about Columbus Day... or the Godfather movies. I am fully versed in either topic.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Tyler, beer does not count.

Thomas, neither does Columbus Day.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I say purse counts. Unless you sit it down all night, then it doesn't count. So... go with a strap. ha.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I agree, Kate. I knew I could count on you for support. AND, the purse hung from my wrist all night. See, I knew Johnny had no right to pinch me.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I agree, Kate. I knew I could count on you for support. AND, the purse hung from my wrist all night. See, I knew Johnny had no right to pinch me.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Jonny said...

ummm....... i believe stephanie definantly didn't have the right to pinch jonny because he definantly was WEARING green. and kate doesnt know anything, she won't even use that GREEN stuff it takes to get into the bar. ;)

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home