Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Thursday, March 15, 2007

St. Patrick's Day worth celebrating, but I'm not wearing green


I'm feeling lucky and it isn't even St. Patrick's Day yet.

A few days ago, the mom of my longtime friend Sarah brought an arrangement of shamrock to me at work. It made my day, but perhaps it's shedding a little luck on my weekend as well.

Truthfully, I'm not big on St. Patrick's Day. I don't like green beer or Lucky Charms, and I don't wear green on Patty's Day, so go ahead and get your pinchers ready.

But Saturday night, I'll hit the streets in my everyday, non-green attire for another good reason -- Losing Anna and Jackson Waters at Flannagan's.

Most music lovers from here have heard of Losing Anna. (Fans don't get your hopes up, it's just a one-time concert, there is no permanent reunion on the horizon.) But, Jackson Waters will be an unexpected treat for locals as well. The band, signed to Word Records, is starting to make waves nationally and were recently featured on the CW Network television show "One Tree Hill."

Check out Jackson Waters' myspace or their Web site.

Saturday's show begins at 10 p.m. and there is a $5 cover charge.

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You get a pass on the green since you were slimed this week.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Kathryn, I agree. I've worn enough green for one week!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good show at Flannagans tonight, people. Stephanie, I think I saw you shakin' yo thang, but I am not sure if it was you. Was it you? :)

2:32 AM  
Blogger The Times said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Ha. Yes Thomas, I was at the concert on Saturday. However, I'm fairly certain there was little to no thang shakin' going on! Did you enjoy the show?

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I did. Mostly on account of the (your) thang shakin'. :)

3:03 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Har, har, har. I can guarantee the music was much, much better!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thomas- did you happen to be wearing a green hat with a red straw in your back pocket?

10:21 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Hilarious, Kate!

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pleased to report no. I was the one in the Fedora and "Frankie Says Relax" t-shirt. Kidding (or am I?).

10:33 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Thomas, I don't know if that's any better than the guy in the green hat with the red straw.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

That's too bad... I was going to say what a great dancer you are, but you aren't who I think you are, or are you?

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know. I do know with relative certainty that I am this guy though.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Nope... not him... maybe next time.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home