Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Thursday, April 05, 2007

"Please, please, please don't forget, try to remember"


Hey gang, don't forget about Tyler Read tonight at LSUS. The show starts at 8 p.m. with Meriwether opening. The concert will be held in the University Center Theater in the center of campus.

Admission is $10 for the general public and $2 for LSUS students. The doors will open at 7 p.m. and the first 200 people will get a free CD.

Tyler Read will make its national debut April 17 with "Only Rock 'n' Roll Can Save Us Now." You can check out the band before the show at www.myspace.com/tylerread.

In other news, this will be my last post until Tuesday. I'm leaving town for what will always live as the most glorious day of my life: The Sunday I Went to The Masters. I haven't even left Shreveport yet, and I already know this. I'm from a golf family, so this is big. For years, Masters Sunday has been something to plan around. We eat lunch in time to be done before the golf starts. We don't talk during play, only during commercial breaks. We don't need signs to prompt us to be quiet. We were taught golf etiquette before we even learned table manners. Of our clan, I'm the least likely candidate to go on this trip considering I have the highest handicap.

Of course, this event required me to buy new shoes and clothes. I will not put the shoes on my feet until I've reached Augusta National. So now, my new navy tennis shoes will always be The Masters Shoes. I may even get them dipped in bronze upon my return. Expect plenty of pictures (if my camera is allowed) and a full summary of the experience.

See you next week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Graef said...

Yo yo YO!! StephNef! How long has it been since you have snagged a bucket of balls and spent an hour at the driving range trying to push 150? Have fun at da Massa's!

6:07 PM  
Blogger BigWheelChamp said...

Have a great time at the Masters (you lucky dog)!

I like this guy's chances at winning it all.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1918700379

2:38 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Are you back yet?

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home