Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

'80s overload? You be the judge


The Molly Ringwalds will be back at Side Kicks on Thursday. I'm sure tons of people will be there. My friends all say they are going. But, I'm starting too wonder is this too much of a good thing?


I think it was about a year ago when the Molly Ringwalds performed here for the first time. People came dressed in their '80s attire, ready to sing their favorite hits from the decade. It was beautiful.


Because the band has been such a huge success for Side Kicks, they've started to regularly bring in the group. The band was here just two months ago. Before, you'd have to wait about 6 months to hear the group. Anticipation would build and fans would go nuts for the group when they finally took the stage.


I love this group, but I'll admit, I'm not really excited about the show. I know if I miss this one there is another performance just around the corner.


So my question to you, are you still excited to see this group or have we been over saturated?

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Last time they played for like an hour or something. I think they're here too much. Bring back Vanilla Ice.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Kate, you're right. Plus, they were about 2 hours late to get on stage.

Vanilla Ice? Seriously? You were there and should know better than to make such comments! But, if he does come back, he should have to sign a no-water performance contract. Us curly-headed, hair-straightened people out there don't appreciate that.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Seriously... who does Rob V.W. think he is? However, I think he could have been one of the classiest acts to ever grace Flannagan's stage. I mean, how many people have you ever seen show up in a t-shirt that says Marijuana and then openly ask the patrons for some? That, right there, is class.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Adam Kealoha Causey said...

I'm hearing rumors about a ticket sell out... I'm looking into it.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home