Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Friday, May 25, 2007

Coyote stands out among local nightlife

Last night a group of my friends gathered for game night. Apparently I'm the half-answer queen. When the girls team would try to guess what movie involved a love triangle between a man, woman and rabbit, I added "Who Framed" to the already guessed "Roger Rabbit."

As we debated over where Batman kept the bad guys he captured, all I could come up with was "an asylum." Unfortunately, when you're playing against a group of competitive males, half answers don't count. So, after four or so hours of Trivial Pursuit, I was ready for something new.

Sarah and I met up with some movie-making friends at Coyote, a bar I've never been to before. You'll find Coyote just after the split of Market and Youree and there's a lot of other things you'll find there too. An interior wallpapered by crude and tacky bumper stickers, people drinking from plungers (although the bartender swears this isn't a regular thing), bikers attired in leather and even one guy wearing an eye patch. Bras and panties hang from the ceiling just like Coyote Ugly, except at Coyote they hang from the deer mounted on the walls.

After a while, our group thought it may be wise to return to more familiar ground such as the Cub. In fact, we would not have stayed at Coyote as long as we did if "American Gladiators" had not been on television. But, it's always interesting to check out a new place in Shreveport and much can be said for that.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

OMG!!! I LOVE American Gladiators! Nitro is so hot.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Seriously, why didn't we get that question in Trivial Pursuit!

I think I'm going to start TiVoing American Gladiators. You would have enjoyed yourself last night, at least for a moment, while that show was on.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Sammy said...

Lace was where it was at. She's my girl.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Lace was so slutty. I liked Blaze and Ice.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Sammy said...

Kate kinda reminds me of Lace.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I hate you sammy.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Shane Bevel said...

the visual of you at Coyote's is just almost too much.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Oh Shane, you would have loved it ... I think my jaw hit the bar at some point. Shocking place.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home