Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Stay in with prime entertainment


The Nielsen ratings are in for July 9-15, and I have a bone to pick with America. Surely there has been a mistake.
How is it possible that the most entertaining television program of the summer is not listed? How do reruns of "CSI" and other crime dramas beat out my favorite show? America, why aren't you watching "Big Brother 8?"

Joey Fatone's "The Singing Bee" earned the top spot for last week with 13.31 million viewers. I didn't choose Fatone to win "Dancing with the Stars." Frankly I found his funny-guy behavior a little over the top and obnoxious. I don't care if 13.31 million people disagree with me, it's not really "Tearin' Up My Heart" to say so.
Each Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday night, my friend Kate and I religiously watch "Big Brother." During commercial breaks we chat about whether or not the sparks between Nick and Danielle are legitimate. We debate if Jen could be any more self-centered and joke about what her T-shirt will read next. So far we've seen "Jensa Member" and "I'm a Jenius." We are planning to send her a shirt that reads "Jenocide." It's a like a domestic version of "Survivor," I love it and so should you.
It's not too late to get in on the action. Check out the show on CBS:

Tuesday, 8 p.m.
Thursday, 7 p.m.
Sunday, 7 p.m.

9 Comments:

Blogger Shane Bevel said...

Really? Please tell me it's a bad joke.... If I could post a photo, this would be it.

www.shanebevel.com/stop.jpg

4:57 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Oh Shane! Of course, I'm serious. What would you rather me watch, the "Singing Bee?"

And as for your link, three hours of television a week isn't going to rot my brain. I am living sir. Tonight, I'll be experiencing some the art and culture Shreveport has to offer via trolley. That's why I have TiVo ... so I can live.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Honestly, Jen could be Satan's Spawn. I'm concerned that we are going to miss it tonight. We dont have to stay on the trolley too long do we?

5:14 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Kate, trust the TiVo. It won't let you down. As an extra tidbit, I've recorded the first final round of "World Series of Pop Culture." I know, I'm the best friend a girl could ever have!

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, honestly. You two are just ridiculous. The DVR is really a life-saver isn't it Steph. (Oh, and you can really just call me Matt)

6:43 AM  
Blogger Sammy said...

I saw plenty of Big Brother with my parents to hate it. I'd rather watch the Real World. However, everyone at work seems to be watching it, so I pretty much know what's going on.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Shane Bevel said...

"That's why I have TiVo ... so I can live." --- The Anthem of a Generation.

So sad. ;)

9:20 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I guess people should only watch shows with subtitles. Don't knock TV. To each his own ... and this girl likes a little TV to help her relax!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

So, I think the house should evict Mike since he is probably a stronger player than Kail. Dang it I should have texted Eric last night and told him to vote for him.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home