Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

She had to have it


I don't consider myself a Sarah Jessica Parker fan, but I will say I can appreciate what she does. I like "Sex and the City" and before that I liked "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and "Footloose." I like how Carrie Bradshaw morphed her into a fashion icon and now she can make me love clothing I would otherwise find laughable. I hate how she squeals in nearly every feature film and episode of "Sex in the City," but I still love her work and the characters she portrays. That's just the magic of SJP.

No one knew what would happen to Parker after "Sex and the City" wrapped. She's done some movies, but overall she's made a career of simply being glamorous. With the "Sex and the City" movie set to film this year and the launch of her second perfume, "Covet," Parker is back on top. So tell me, why would she agree to this? Instead of the stylish, glamorous, not-a-hair-out-of-place girl we're used to seeing, we get a deranged looking Parker kicking in glass and pushing her head between the bars of a Paris jailhouse. And even if the fragrance is worth serving time, does she really need a five gallon jug of the stuff?

9 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I mean HONESTLY. Creepiest commercial I've seen in forever.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Sammy said...

Sarah Jessica Parker never just looks alright. She either looks absolutely gorgeous or butt ugly. It's a very weird thing.

AND, I only liked her in Hocus Pocus.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

We agree on that. I think it has to do with whether or not she straightens her hair.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Sammy said...

Apparently that is true for other people as well, hmm Stephanie? I guess we'll never know.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Ha, well. Some have seen it and lived to tell the tale.

And I deserve some praise. I only straightened my hair TWICE when my family went to the beach! That's also why there aren't many pictures!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Sammy said...

You know, they contacted me about doing a show based on my life once...however, it was just called "The City".

7:15 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I would watch your reality show Sammy. I think the show would be a hit if it centered around Futuro Boots.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Sammy said...

Oh, and she would agree to that commercial for the same reason you agreed to let them take the picture that graces the top of this blog.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Oh really? What reason would that be?

And don't worry. I'm hoping to update the look of my blog and that photo ASAP!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home