Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Monday, April 07, 2008

Does Pop-A-Lock make house calls?

I tried to outsmart my dog this afternoon and ended up outsmarting myself.

A few weeks ago, I blogged about my dog's anxiety and how he hates it when I leave. We haven't made great strides since then. Rather, I've just tried to trick him each time I leave the house. I'll bait him by pretending to walk out of the house, he follows and then I snag him and put him in his house. This plan has gotten a little watered down now that he expects me to fake him out each time I leave the house.

I was sure the plan would work on Baxter today. I'd taken a moment to sit outside before returning to work. Baxter was playing on the patio and enjoying the weather just as much as I was and when he least expected it, I snagged him. It was one of my most flawless captures in several weeks.

With Bax in his house, I locked the door, walked out to my car, paused and realized I was keyless. I walked to the back door and peeked through the window and longingly stared at my keys hanging on the key hook. Dang it. Locked out without my keys.

I gave my roommate a call and fortunately discovered her dad had stashed a spare key a few weeks ago when the house was being worked on.

I wasn't keyless for long, but I'm sure Baxter thought I'd gotten what I deserved. If only dogs could talk.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

Among other reasons, this is why I think I might be becoming a cat person.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Umm ... I just wouldn't own a pet if it came down to a cat or nothing.

By the way, I went to Chik-Fil-A today just to hear "my pleasure" and the girl actually said it. Well, it was more like a mumble.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home