Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Thursday, March 13, 2008

The problem with being George Turklebaum

Ashley, my sister-in-law to be, sent me this story earlier today. You never know if these things or true or not, but it's got a good point.

There's a problem with being George Turklebaum, and it's not just that unfortunate last name. This guy busted his hump, was the first and last guy in the office and look at where it landed him -- dead at his desk for five days without anyone noticing!

I'm sure editing medical manuscripts is a drag. Enough of a drag to make George appear dead-like, but five days without a co-worker noticing this guy had clocked out? Come on!

In the morning, there was no one to say "Hey George!?"

Five days?

How is it that we're surrounded by people, but we never really notice them?

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Maybe his coworkers did notice him but chose to ignore him. That's what I do to my coworkers. Especially if they are annoying.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

He was dead. How could he possibly be annoying?

3:36 PM  
Blogger ASHLEY said...

I agree with Kate.... Also.. so glad that I can provide your with such interesting blog material !!!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm saying before death he could have been an obnoxious co-worker. I know that you have a few that shall remain nameless.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

OK, OK. I get what you guys are saying. Maybe he was a heavy breather. Well, that wouldn't make sense. If he was a heavy breather they definitely would have noticed he was dead.

And Kate, after knowing me for so long and living with me for roughly two years, you should know it doesn't take much to get on my nerves! Not saying that you got on my nerves. Just saying, you know know me.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

I'm sorry, who are you? I thought this blog just kept to itself...

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home