Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Monday, March 03, 2008

Keith Urban connects with the crowd


I'm a little slow to blog today. Sorry, I was up late with Keith Urban. Don't worry Nicole, I'm just talking about last night's four hour long concert at the CenturyTel Center. Carrie Underwood was there too.

I'm not normally a huge fan of huge concerts. I like my struggling artist -- their desperation to make it big usually means they work harder to entertain. Plus, most artists fail to connect with arena audiences, but Keith Urban changed my mind. It was a priceless show. He was funny, charming and flipped his exceptional good looking hair with finesse. Oh, the music was good too.

Here's my serious opinion on the show. There's also a link to a photo gallery.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

Garth Brooks at the Hirsch still remains in my top 5 concerts ever, right below Carman at the Hirsch.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I didn't go to Garth Brooks, but I was there for Carman's RIOT tour! He used light sticks.

This weekend my dad told a table full of people about the time he had to rush me to the emergency medical tent at the New Kids On The Block concert. That remains one of my top 5 concerts.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

NKOTB was the worst ever. That stupid sound booth blocked my view. I was pissed... and so was Jeff.

11:03 AM  
Blogger ASHLEY said...

Ha Ha ! He sure did tell us that !!! It was hilarious.. almost as good as the night time prayers story Nana told !!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

"Stick em up, Jesus!"

Only my dad would say that during his bedtime prayers! Who knew he was once a gunslinger?

11:26 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Yeah, the sound booth. Sue should have taken a lesson from my dad. He got us different seats ... out from behind the giant sound booth!!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Sammy said...

Yeah, I hit up the RIOT Tour. It was free (first come first serve) and my friends mom checked us out of school early to go sit in line. We were the very first people in line and got to hang out all day with all these people excited to see Carman. We were excited because we were going to have great seats, but when we got inside, we met up with other people from our church and they made us go to the very top row because it was too loud close. I was so pissed off. But then it ended up being really cool from up there because you could see the stage and all the ways it lit up.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Ha, that reminds me of EVERY church group outing! They're the only people on earth who are happy to sit on the back row!

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home