Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Kid Rock on politics, performing and Pam

Kid Rock's cockiness makes him one of the most quotable guys in music today. I didn't realize this until I really started reading up on him. His PR people sent me a press kit and as I read through the clippings his bluntness made me laugh out loud several times. He may not be the most likeable guy, but he's always honest.

So, I've compiled a list of my favorite, most humorous Kid Rock quotes to share with you guys. Here goes:

"I'm making a record and from what I hear she has her swimsuit on and is telling people to sign up for DirecTV." -- regarding ex-wife Pam Anderson, Maxim magazine

"I hope somebody tells me if I become embarrassing. I don't want to be touring with four other bands that were big in my era for $10 a ticket. I don't want to be doing infomercials like, 'You may remember me from such rock 'n' roll hits as "Bawitdaba' ...'" -- when asked how long he planned to tour, Maxim magazine

"Probably the long hair. And I wish I could learn that water-t0-wine trick. ..." -- when asked what he and the Son of God have in common, Maxim magazine

"I'm not really gonna talk about it, but I will tell you this: Getting married is a ball. Getting married is the most fun you can have in life. Being married sucks." -- about his three separate wedding ceremonies with Pam Anderson, Blender magazine

"Antiquing. When I'm in different towns, I like to go to antique stores. I love to find old brass lamps with bald eagles on 'em -- they're impossible to get. So maybe if you print this, someone will bring some lamps to the backstage door when we go on tour, and we can work something out." -- about his hobby of antiquing, Blender magazine

"That wasn't my tape; that was his tape -- which I haven't seen, but it's gotta be funny. Who's got it? Send it to me! I haven't seen it! I do want to apologize publicly for that tape, though. Not for the tape ... just for hanging out with Scott Stapp." -- about his sex tape, Blender magazine

"Gretchen Wilson's pretty good. One time she had a drinking party at her place in Nashville -- a hot-tub party. The next day, she says, 'You know, I woke up this morning and your Confederate-flag boxer were hanging on my Grammy.'" -- when asked which famous friends were the best drinkers, Blender magazine

"I was at the White House drinking Beam and Coke, shooting the shit with Rumsfeld, when Bush came by and gave me a five like we were on Seven Mile and Van Dyke in Detroit. I don't care if people like Bush or not. I got some (expletive) dap from the president." -- about hanging out with Donald Rumsfeld, Penthouse magazine

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

He is surprisingly funnier and more interesting than I anticipated.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

That's exactly what I thought too. I mean, he had me laughing my head off. My favorite quote was the one about Scott Stapp! Oh how funny is this guy?

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home