Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Friday, January 25, 2008

Weekend entertainment warms up

About once a week someone tells me,"Man, there's nothing to do in this town but go to the same ol' bars and talk to the same ol' people." I can sympathize, even though I happen to like hanging out at the same bars with the same people. But this weekend, there's no room to complain. Shreveporters, you will be entertained. Here's what's going on:

Krewe of Centaur's Wonderful World of Television parade
WHEN: 4:30 p.m. Saturday.
WHERE: corner of Clyde Fant Memorial Parkway and Lake Street, Shreveport.
COST: free.

This weekends biggest event is the Krewe of Centaur parade. It's the first major parade weekend of the year and it should be exciting. Centaur's floats are decorated as favorite TV shows. The float pictured above represents "M.A.S.H."

Krewe of Barkus and Meoux pet parade
WHEN: 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Sunday.
WHERE: Riverview Park, Clyde Fant Memorial Parkway, downtown Shreveport.
COST: free for spectators. $10 per pet for parade marchers.


I refuse to spray paint my little guy, but Mr. Baxter and I are planning to make our first appearance at the pet parade. He'll be dressed down compared to a lot of dogs, I'm sure. But really, what's cuter than a miniature schnauzer in a red polo?

Craig Robinson
WHEN: 7 p.m. Saturday.
WHERE: Centenary Gold Dome, Centenary College, Shreveport.
COST: $10.

It's unfortunate that this show is scheduled during the Centaur parade because I'm sure a lot of people would love to see Craig Robinson's stand-up routine. A star on the hit show "The Office," Robinson grabs laughs as Darryl Philbin -- bully to Michael Scott(Steve Carell).
Whether you catch some beads or grab some laughs, enjoy the weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Two things:

1. Mark is going to be on the MASH float and wants to 'shower' us with beads and cups.

2. Is that Mimi?

4:53 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

1. I'm a little sad and jealous that I will not be enjoying this parade as a spectator. But maybe if I'm lucky, Mark will still shower me with beads.

2. No, Sue would never do that to Mimi.

4:56 PM  
Blogger GozertheGozarian said...

Does anyone know if KTBS's Chris Redford is on any of the floats? I am dying to meet him!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I don't think he's a member of the krewe, but he may have been in the parade. I bet you could e-mail him at KTBS and find out.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home