Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Monday, January 14, 2008

Golf highlights busy weekend

When I checked my voicemail and heard Ty say, "9:02 tee time on Saturday," I had to press one to repeat the message. Surely, he didn't mean a.m. For goodness sakes, it's Saturday. But that's what he said and that's what we did, which meant I was up at 7:30 a.m. on my best sleep-in day of the week to make a 9:02 tee time at Crooked Hollow in Greenwood.

The first few holes were a little rocky. It had been a year since I swatted at that little white ball and there were plenty of kinks to work out. However, but the fifth hole I'd found a decent rhythm. My tee shots were right up the middle, my approach shots usually got me where I wanted to be and well, my putting left something to be desired.

But, ultimately, I had a wonderful time -- even at 9:02 a.m. Now I'm craving a few more rounds.

My weekends are typically busy, but this weekend I never stopped. Friday night I went to Jayne Marie on Cross Lake to watch Quiet Company and The New Frontiers. Both bands were amazing. They're worth checking out and definitely worth a download. I'll review their albums later this week.

After golf Saturday, I celebrated my friend Suzanna's birthday, which landed me at an unlikely location before we made it to our usual spot Stray Cat. I took it easy Sunday by accompanying my pals Bevin and Kate to see "Juno." It's hard to categorize the movie. On one hand it's an off the wall comedy, much like "Napoleon Dynamite," but it's also warm and sensitive at other points. Our gang loved it. Bevin, who said she never laughs out loud at movies, loved it and laughed her head off.

I did a little bit of everything this weekend, maybe next weekend will slow down a bit.

12 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I'm disappointed that Logan's wasn't mentioned.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I'm sorry. Was that eventful?

2:53 PM  
Blogger Sammy said...

I had to miss my yearly golf game this past year because I seem unable to accumulate vacation days.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Why's that?

4:29 PM  
Blogger Mr. Gunz said...

You should use your 7-iron more!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Sammy said...

We play at our family reunion in Texas. It's usually 8 guys that haven't played golf since the previous year, so it's a real fun(ny) time.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Funny, but as I've said before, every club is in your bag for a reason. Your 7-iron isn't the club to use EVERY time you get in trouble!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Wow, golf at a family reunion would be the route my family would take. Unfortunately, I would be on the alternate team.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Mr. Gunz said...

my 7-iron is like a magic wand

12:56 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Too bad all your magical powers go to your 7-iron while all the other clubs in your bag are crying for help! Especially your sad, sad driver!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Mr. Gunz said...

Leave my poor, now much shorter, driver out of this....he gave all that he had in helping me towards that 97. also, dont underestimate the power of the foot-wedge...

11:42 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

That driver breaking was the best thing that ever happened to your golf game! And i don't have a foot wedge in my bag because I play fair!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home