Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Monday, January 07, 2008

Geaux Tigers

Hey gang, I'm back from my blog hiatus. It wasn't intentional, but after several comments asking where the heck I'd been I figured it was time to kick this thing in to high gear once again.
First, allow me to say Happy New Year. I hope you all toasted to 2008 among friends. I spent the evening rolling around town on a trolley with about 20 of my closest friends. It was quite hysterical. Turns out it's not easy to "Macarena" in a moving vehicle. Oh yeah, I said it. We did the "Macarena." The song may have been released in '95, but I still got it!
Anyway, I'm happy about this day and that's why I've posed some of my favorite pictures from this year's football season. I traveled to Baton Rouge for most of the games. Even Baxter (my dog) made the trip with me several times. I met up with fellow Times staffers Adam Causey and Janelle Rucker for a game (top picture).
I learned how to play washers, and found my fiercest competitor to be this kid pictured to the right. Since I clearly had a height advantage and once upon a time I was an intramural softball pitcher (intimidating, I know), I let the little guy stand closer to the target. However, he took the liberty of just dropping his washers in the hole. Then he'd mock me with a victory break dance. Kids, what are you gonna do?
For away games, I'd hang out in Shreveport with some other local Tiger fans. The bottom right picture was taken during my favorite away game to watch at home with friends. It was the Alabama game and Moss Duvall invited everyone over for tons of food and good football. The game ended up being a nail biter, but you can't tell in this picture.

Anyway, it was a great season and I couldn't have watched it with better people. Tonight, I'll gather with my family to watch the Tigers hopefully win it all. I'm almost just as excited about the Herby K's gumbo we're having as I am about the game itself. ... Almost.
Enjoy the game. For me, it's making Monday go down a little easier.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I think we should introduce a new shot and call it "The Monday".

1:36 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I hate shots, but if we have to just make sure it is Jager free.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Sammy said...

I'll be representing in Arkansas.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

What if it were something redheaded slut-like? That doesn't have jager. I think it has crown.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Yes, it's made with Crown. But don't you think that redheaded sluts and red snappers are WAY too sweet? They are gross to me, too.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

What about a kamikaze?

6:29 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I don't think I've ever had that.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Me either.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

what about the gasoline shot?

3:09 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

What is that? It sounds scary.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home