Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Meeting the other me


I don't have a common name. In fact, if you live in Shreveport and know a Netherton, go ahead and figure that I'm related to them. I have never really thought about the other Nethertons out there. And I definitely never thought I'd meet another Stephanie Netherton. After all, most of my family lives within five miles of each other.

But through the wonders of Facebook, I've met the other me. Over the past few weeks we've joked about how long it takes for us to sign our names, Stephanie (not me) celebrated a birthday and it has been funny, and somewhat confusing, to read about what Stephanie Netherton has been up to. So, I thought it would be fun to compare our lives. Here are a few questions I sent to Stephanie along with each of our responses.

1. Where are you from?

Stephanie: Louisville, Ky.

Me: Shreveport, La.

2. When were you born?

Stephanie: Nov. 29, 1986

Me: May 9, 1981

3. What are your parents' names?

Stephanie: Eric and Vicki

Me: David and Amy

4. Are you named after anyone?

Stephanie: My grandma claims my dad named me after Stevie Lynn Nicks, but i think she made that up. we just happen to have the same initials... SLN

Me: My mom wanted to actually name me Stevie! My dad wouldn't have it and they settled on Stephanie after my mom's brother Steve.

5. What is your favorite color?

Stephanie: green... any shade.

Me: green, too.

6. Your favorite food?

Stephanie: hmmm.. everything, but if i had to pick one I'd say chocolate.

Me: The simple potato. It's so versatile and so good ... especially if we're talking Cub potatoes.

7. Favorite TV show?

Stephanie: "Scrubs."

Me: I love my "Grey's Anatomy."

8. Hobbies?

Stephanie: family, friends, reading, movies, music, art, working out, eating.

Me: Hanging out with friends and family, playing with my dog (Baxter), golf (if it's warm enough and I have someone to play with), swimming (this actually means laying on a raft in the pool), taking trips with friends, LSU football.

9. What do you do for a living?

Stephanie: Full-time student, and I work part time at a cafe at a gym.

Me: Entertainment editor.

10. What was the worst date you've ever been on?

Stephanie: haha.. um... had to have been a blind date when i was about 14.

Me: My senior year of high school football banquet. My date picked me up with a dip in his mouth. As we were driving down interstate he kept opening his door to spit. This was the only time in my life that I would have been happy to see a spit cup.

11. What did you do last weekend?

Stephanie: Went to my brother's football game (their in the state championship game this weekend) and did homework.

Me: Put up my Christmas tree and attended a friend's wedding.

12. Is there anything you are afraid of?

Stephanie: dying.

Me: roller coasters and large spiders. OK, small spiders too.

13. What is your favorite family memory?

Stephanie: Holidays! My family is so funny, and I love when everyone gets together for the holidays. It's good times.

Me: Christmas Eve at my grandparents' house. There's always some small blunder that gets the group laughing and the night rolls on from there.

14. What is your family like?

Stephanie: Everyone's usually coming and going, but we're really close.

Me: Everyone's funny and sarcastic. When we get together it's non-stop laughter. Although, when my older brother is making a joke, it's usually at my expense.

15. Do you have any brothers or sisters? If so, what are their names?

Stephanie: Twin sister, Christa, and younger brother, Eric

Me: Older brother, Chris, and younger brother, Taylor.

16. What do you want for Christmas?

Stephanie: Well I don't really feel like there's much I need this year, but I'd love an easel! I won't have one and it'd come in handy.

Me: I don't need much either, but you can't go wrong by buying me clothes. Or even better SHOES!

17. Did you go on vacation this year? If so, where?

Stephanie: Yep, I went to the Cayman Islands with my friend Nicki and her family.

Me: It was a crazy year and I actually got to take several trips. The first to Augusta, Ga., for the Masters, then Orange Beach for a week with my family and finally a weekend in Destin with about 10 of my best girlfriends.

18. What is your favorite band?

Stephanie: Jack's Mannequin.

Me: Rilo Kiley

19. How did you celebrate your birthday this year?

Stephanie: It was actually my 21st birthday last Thursday, and I went to the Louisville/Rutgers game with my sister and a bunch of friends.

Me: I went to dinner at Bella Fresca with three of my closest friends.

20. How many other Stephanie Netherton's do you know?

Stephanie: Just you! :)

Me: That makes two of us!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

Maybe I can get a date with THIS Stephanie Netherton.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

you do NOT like LSU football... don't lie.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

As we have established, I enjoy the games and sitting just about anywhere in Tiger Stadium. However, I do not like all the things that come along with LSU football.

Don't make me get into what you said at the LSU game you attended this year. Would you like me to remind you?

11:15 AM  
Blogger Fred C. said...

Good one Stephanie! I like the ending, very clever. :) I stumbled across this one looking for your interview with Kenny Loggins. I met a Fred Childers one time. He was much older than me. I tried to interview him for a story, but he declined. I'm still searching for Kenny.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home