Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Give me s'more camping


If you know me, or even know a little bit about me, something about this photo may seem off. "Is that Stephanie, surrounded by wilderness and smiling?"

Yep, sure is.

Don't let the North Face vest fool you, I'm no wilderness girl. And if I'm going to be honest, I originally bought my vest to wear "outdooring" at Augusta National for the Masters last spring. Not exactly roughing it. And if I'm going to be really honest my cell phone was zipped up in the front pocket of my vest when this picture was taken. If this was Survivor: Central Arkansas, my little tiki torch would have been snuffed out for sure.

This past weekend I camped out at Lake Catherine, Ark., and really had a good time. I heard there was a waterfall, so after hiking over some rocky terrain, I stumbled upon one of the world's smallest waterfalls. No big deal. Dinky waterfall for a dinky camper. I still found it impressive. It was the perfect place to park for a mid-day turkey sandwich and a few minutes of rock skipping.

This picture just goes to show that sometimes it is good to try new things. Even something that may be completely out of character could end up being something you really enjoy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shane Bevel said...

Really? Tent or one of those fancy cabins they have up there?

4:03 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Tent! Can't believe it can you?

4:06 PM  
Blogger Shane Bevel said...

until I see photos of you crawling out of a tent with curly hair? Nope.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Don't count on it! I went to the beach this summer with 10 girls with about 10 cameras and there were no curly-headed photos taken. I'm stealthy like that.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home