Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fans pull out my hair for Black Crowes

There's a big difference in being a reporter and a photographer. Reporters mingle in and out of the crowd. We talk to people and it's all very low key. Photographers, on the other hand, have to get front and center to get the shots they need.

Saturday night, I got a glimpse of life as a photojournalist at the Black Crowes concert. I was given photo clearance to shoot the band's first three songs and about five minutes before the concert I was allowed in front of the barricade.

As you can imagine, the crowd was enthusiastic about the show starting. Unfortunately, I was standing alone in front of the rowdy group.

They yelled at me. Fine, I've got no problem with that. Some people threw stuff. Whatever, no one hit me. And then someone pulled my hair. Honestly, it sent chills up my spine. I'm sure our photographers have to put up with some crazy stuff, but I'd like to see someone get away with pulling Jim Hudelson's hair!

Here are a some shots from the concert.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You were lucky there was a barricade, you should have seen what happened to me at both the Cowboy Mouth show and the Losing Anna show this weekend. People bigger than me just love to try to shove me out of the way for some reason.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I think that happens at every Losing Anna show! Glad you took some pictures though!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Shane Bevel said...

Welcome to our world... at least for a night huh?

12:55 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I need to work on being more intimidating. I think the polka dotted shoes made them think they could push me around, but I'm no softie! No sir!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Sammy said...

Captain's Log, 2004: Photographers in Austin ruin The Hives.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home