Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Monday, September 17, 2007

High in the sky

I didn't tell many people when I signed up to go on a hot air balloon ride last Friday. I'm not one for adventure. So if anyone expressed hesitation about me taking the flight, I would have been more likely to chicken out.

Sunday when I was having my weekly lunch with the grandparents, I told them that I'd actually gone up in a hot air balloon and my grandmother's jaw nearly dropped.

"Oh I can just see you as a kid looking at that thing and saying, 'I'm not doing that.'"

Facing the fear was one of the best experiences of my life. Climbing into the balloon may have been one of the most difficult things to convince myself to do. But I managed to put one foot in front of the other, and I was air born before I could change my mind.

The sights were breathtaking, and I thought it only fair to share some of the beautiful pictures I took that morning.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Mr. Guns, I'm having trouble getting your comment to post so I'll put your words up for you.

"I'm glad you faced your fear and went up. Great pictures. Next time, try bungee jumping out of it!"

However, Mr. Guns, I don't know if I am ready for bungee just yet!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

So did they just let you talk up into the balloon to make it rise? See, cause you are full of hot air! Get it! That is nothing but hilarity right there!

Seriously though, with all of the bad press around ballooning right now, more power to you for doing it.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Shane Bevel said...

Great work steph. Glad you had a good time.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Sammy said...

I've always wanted to pee off a hot air balloon.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Come on Texas Giant! Woot!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home