Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A long weekend to celebrate

How relaxing. A long weekend at the beach with my girls. In five days we managed to drive nearly 18 hours, eat massive amounts of seafood, get tans and sunburns, read every gossip magazine printed this month and dance until our stilettos gave in.

I returned yesterday from a long weekend in Destin, Fla., with some of my best gals. We drove to the beach to celebrate our friend Carie Cotter's upcoming wedding to Travis Hart. It was the perfect way to celebrate and came at the perfect time -- Friday was also Carie's birthday.


Here are a few pictures from the weekend. As for Carie, Melissa, Bevin, Kate, Casey, Amanda, Kaysie, Jenna and Kristen: you guys make life worth living.



TOP: The bachelorette party lined up our chairs along the water's edge to take in some sun while staying cool. The chairs had each of our names on them and were given to us by the bride's mom.

CENTER: That's me with Carie on the balcony of our condo just before we sang "Happy Birthday" and headed out for dinner.

BOTTOM: The group poses for a picture following dinner at ACME Oyster House. Pictured clockwise from top left: Stephanie, Kristen, Kate, Kaysie, Melissa, Bevin, Jenna, Carie, Amanda and Casey.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

Thanks for this post, it tells me a lot about how to have fun in Shreveport.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Would you prefer I just disappear without saying a word? It's hard to tell you about what's going on in Shreveport when I'm not there. But I know it really matters a lot to you since you live in LITTLE ROCK!!!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Sammy said...

Hey, that's no way to treat your most avid reader.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

By avid reader do you mean biggest critic? I say all of this out of the deepest admiration, you know. I appreciate you even though you live in Little Rock.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Mr. Gunz said...

Hey Stephanie, I loved the story of you in all the girls going to the beach. Such a heartwarming tale of friendship and female bonding....but where are all the bikini shots? Sammy might not have complained a bit if he had gotten to see that!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Oh the bikini shots! Well, let me tell you. I once asked some of these girls to model for a swimsuit story I was doing. I got solid "nos" from the whole gang, so I know they would kill me if I'd posted a bikini picture on here!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home