Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Paisley a good pick for CenturyTel


I'm a little hesitant to mention ticket sales considering the recent Hannah Montana fiasco, but CenturyTel has another major concert coming up and tickets will go on sale Saturday.

Country star Brad Paisley will stop by the Bossier City venue Nov. 1 with special guests Rodney Atkins and Taylor Swift. I'm not a country music listener, but this concert should be well received with local audiences. Paisley is one of the hottest artists in country music right now and Taylor Swift has been a fast riser this year.

The only Brad Paisley song I'm really familiar with says something about loving a woman but loving to fish more. Probably not the best way to earn female fans, Brad. But after making a comment about this to a Paisley fans, I was soon set straight about the fishing song. Actually, Paisley is quite the gifted guitarist, backed up by local legend James Burton. And while I'd dread being stuck with a man who'd rather go fishing, I can appreciate what my friend was saying.
CenturyTel sticks with what it knows: Country and children's concerts are sure to sell in this market. Now, I've accepted the fact that I'll never see the White Stripes at CTC, but I'd like to see a broader variety in shows.
Events like Cirque du Soleil and Blue Man Group added diversity to the arena's offerings last year and hopefully we'll see more of that in the future. Let's just hope we can get tickets.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

I'd much rather be having sex than fishing, but mostly it's just nagging and shopping, so I can see where he's coming from.

Paisley is definitely an amazing guitar player.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Sammy, your comment is one of the reasons I've missed blogging so much this past week.

Of course you would pick on girls for shopping and nagging, but let me remind you it takes two to tango!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Steph- don't forget our first concert together at the CTC... it was pretty amazing, even though we had crap seats. I wonder what it would take to get Ryan or perhaps Ray there. You would think that CTC would want to broaden it's horizons at least a little bit.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Crap seats? That's an understatement. I think at one point we confused Prince for a female back-up dancer!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Sammy said...

Prince was your first there? Geez, I went way back in high school to see Creed. And to answer Kate's question, they can't bring acts like that (that's left up to the Strand to take care of). I mean, just look at the Justin Timberlake concert. They can't risk not selling a lot of tickets. It takes a lot of money to bring in a concert there I'm sure. Plus, wouldn't you want a full smaller venue as opposed to a 3/4 emptry Centurytel?

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home