Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Thursday, November 01, 2007

'You can't start unless you clack it'

This is the busiest time of year. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Nov. 20. You may be asking, "What's the significance of Nov. 20?"

A month or so ago, I was introduced to Frank Caliendo during a commercial break from post-season baseball on TBS. Endless tears of laughter followed the commercial. This guy does the best impressions I've ever seen. DeNiro, Madden, Dr. Phil, Robin Williams, President Bush -- he nails them all. It's not just the voice, but his facial expressions (especially President Bush) are dead on. The show will debut Nov. 20 and I'm counting down the minutes.

Every now and then I'll go to You Tube to watch the Frank TV commercials. My reaction is always the same -- tears and uncontrollable laughter. My favorite is this DeNiro clip, but here are some others to check out.

"Take Me Out to the Ball Game"
Faux Movie Trailer
Frank TV promos

3 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

His Madden was the only good thing about watching MadTV.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I hope his show is as good as these commercials. He's set the bar pretty high.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Jason Pugh said...

Wow, you survived a Frank Caliendo commercial. By the end of the NL playoffs, I was so thankful TBS did not show the World Series simply because of the incessant Frank TV promos.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home