Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

All I want for Christmas is shoes



I was flipping through my J.Crew catalog last night when this little insert jumped off the page at me. I thought, "There is a Santa Clause and he knows I wear a size 7. "

Shoe obsessed? Absolutely. Just ask former Times staffer Dan Turner. Each day I'd walk into the office and he'd check to see what pair I'd put on my feet. And after each weekend I'd report my addiction to him.

"How many pair this week, kiddo?"

"I just bought two pair. They were on sale. ... Well, maybe they weren't but aren't these cute?!"

He'd laugh and shake his head and we'd move on to discussing his equally bad golf addiction. But when I saw this ad, I stopped dead in my tracks. A brand new pair of shoes will arrive on my doorstep each month? Really? You mean it? Oh golly!

Sadly, the reality is that no matter how much I beg I'm not getting an $1800 gift from anyone I know. And even if some giving soul decides to make this extravagant purchase for me, where would all the shoes go? My closet is at capacity. Shoe boxes are stacked four high, eight across at the top of my closet. The boxes that won't fit there tower waist high on the side walls of my closet. Hey, but a space problem is something I can easily resolve.

I know $150 each month could buy me several pair of shoes. But there is something special about coming home each month, on any given day, and finding a shoebox on your doorstep with a beautiful pair of shoes that you've never seen picked out just for you.

My heart flutters at the thought!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home