Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Signature sips

I've got a story idea in my head that I need a little help with. I thought it would be fun to feature some of Shreveport-Bossier City's signature drinks. My list so far includes:
  • Kon Tiki's Peking Mule (yikes, this one is kicks like a mule)
  • Superior Steakhouse's Pineapple Fusion
  • Superior Grill margaritas
  • Stray Cat's Filthy Martini (my absolute favorite)
  • Bella Fresca's Apple Martini

Send in your suggestions. What about a beer you can't get anywhere else but Strange Brew? Or a club or bar that serves a crazy shot other than the standard (disgusting) Jager Bomb? Does Tokyo or Shogun have a unique Japanese beverage that goes beyond your typical Mai Tai? Drink up (in moderation) and share your thoughts?

10 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

Strange Brew has the Lucid Bomb. It has that new Lucid Absinthe and Red Bull. I don't know if anywhere else in Shreveport has absinthe yet.
Strange Brew is also the only place in town I've had a Red Hook ESB.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I think Fat Catz also recently started to serve absinthe. I'll check into it, but that Lucid Bomb sounds like my worst nightmare.

I'll make a note of Red Hook.

Thanks Sammy!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

You're forgetting Fat Tuesday's 'Red Drink.'

4:55 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I bet the exact moment you wrote this comment was also the exact moment I wrote this drink on my list! Great minds ...

4:57 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Woot Hoot. I also bet that the minute you thought of the margarita martini from copeland's that you, too, threw up in your trash can.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I don't know how combining two delicious drinks like those could taste bad, but it definitely did.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Sammy said...

Strange Brew also has the Bayou Bomb (as you can probably tell, I'll try anything with "Bomb" in it). I can't remember if that was it, but something I had there had root beer in it. I think it was probably root beer and Jager.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

I've heard of that one but never tried it. I usually avoid anything with the word Bomb tagged on the end.

But I think the Bayou Bomb is made with Abita root beer. It sounds kind of gross and I love root beer.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Pedro Pizarro said...

Stephanie, when I was your age one of my bars of choice (one of many unfortunately) served something called a Flaming Dr. Pepper. I think they've since been abolished by state and federal law :)
Also, I think they still serve Red Hook at Noble Savage, but I haven't been there in months.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Pedro, what a treat to hear from you! Roy was actually telling me about the Flaming Dr. Pepper the other day. He said it's really good, but I'm not so sure. Anything that requires me to down a glass of beer like a shot sounds like trouble. I'll put it on the list though, as an interesting touch.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home