Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Monday, January 21, 2008

Krewe of Harambee rolls on

My teeth have yet to stop chattering from this afternoon's Krewe of Harambee parade. There were brief raindrops, however the krewe celebrated one of its best turn outs so far. People were feeling festive and the krewe was overjoyed to not have rain or ice pelting them as it has in past years.

Several bands participated, including Southern University's marching band. More than 100 members marched through downtown and performed a few songs for spectators on the steps of Municipal Auditorium following the parade.

I've never attended the Harambee parade before, but it was an enjoyable event to cover. Here's the video I shot, a photo gallery posted by Shane Bevel and Janelle Rucker's story should post tomorrow.
(photos by Shane Bevel/The Times)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Were there floats? Or just bands and the like?

11:34 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

yeah, there were a few floats, but mostly cars and bands and whatnot. No shriner cars though -- I know those are your favorite!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I LOVE the shriner cars. I can't wait for Saturday. I might bring my shriner bobblehead along.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Cross your fingers it doesn't rain like it is supposed to every other day this week.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home