Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Thursday, January 31, 2008

The latest addition to our family

Since I was a little girl, I've always wanted a sister. But against all my wishes, I landed smack in the middle of two brothers -- Chris, who is approaching 28 and 15-year-old Taylor.

Taylor is my guy. He's the one I play Guitar Hero with for hours (he always takes it easy on me). If I want to play golf, he's always up for a round. If I want to watch a movie, he always lets me pick. He's always willing to goof off with me, but on the other hand he lets me lend him sisterly advice from time to time.

Chris often gives me a hard time, but he's also the first to defend me. He's my big brother and has always done a good job of looking after me. When I was sick with a migraine, Chris drove across town to my parents' house late at night to pick up medicine, drove back over to my house, gave it to me and waited until the meds kicked in and I'd fallen asleep before going home.

The picture above was taken on our vacation last summer. My stepmom, Amy, just wanted a nice picture of her three kids, and we couldn't stop clowning around long enough to give her anything suitable. This picture is all she got from our photos shoot. I'm not sure what I'm doing. Possibly illustrating how I could ring my brothers' necks sometimes. The three of us fight, bicker and tease each other to pieces, but our relationship is strong.

Last night, over dinner we added to the fold. My brother proposed to his girlfriend, Ashley Whittington, which means I'm finally getting the sister I've always wanted. No longer will the boys team up on me. No longer will I be teased on vacation about how long it takes me to straighten my hair and put on makeup. Now, I have an ally in Ashley.

She's hilarious, warm, caring and the perfect addition to our family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home