Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Monday, August 13, 2007

It's getting hot in here

We're in the midst of summer's hottest days. You go to the pool to relax and instead you feel like a tea bag dropped into a pot of boiling water. You risk heat stroke to play golf, tend to the lawn or even just checking the mail.

I woke up this morning and my thermostat read 80 degrees. That's the indoor thermostat, which indicates a major problem. My friend Kate had mentioned last night that it seemed hot in the house. I blew it off. I mean, it's August in Louisiana. It's hot everywhere.

After Kate left, I went to bed and realized it was significantly warmer upstairs. Unbearable actually. Now, I complained last week about how hot it was at the Saints training camp, but this is a different kind of hot. It's muggy, stagnant heat that makes you wish you were outside.

The A/C man won't be able to fix our problem until tomorrow afternoon. So, tonight Baxter and I will bunk at my parents' house where the thermostat never reaches beyond 70 degrees.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds rather warm. August in S'port, aaaa....how pleasant. Nothing like sweatastic weather with mosquitoes on top. Little taste of heaven, wouldn't you agree? I was in BR for summer school ages ago(yea u like that) & when I got in my ride I noticed something was different. When I went to the look thru the rearview mirror it had melted off the windshield, steamin' beamin'! bfrierson@gmail.com, better ax somebody! catch u on da flip side, bratton

6:09 PM  
Blogger Sammy said...

My rearview mirror melted off once too.
With your celebrity status, you ought to be able to get some guy to rub ice cubes all over you 24/7. You wouldn't even have to pay him. Hell, he'd probably pay you.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Ha! Sammy, that comment was better than the Wierd Al voicemail you left yesterday!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home