Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

SWF seeking anything ...

Nothing says I love you like a background check.

Maybe that isn't how the phrase goes, but Tuesday night it will be the truth. At 5:30 p.m. young singles from across the area will meet at Nicky's downtown in hopes of finding last-minute love before Valentine's Day. I will be attending for a story, but I'll also be participating.

I can read my date card now, "Bachelor No. 13: No! absolutely no! He spilled salsa down his shirt and then licked it off."

However, I wouldn't take my word for it. I'm cynical. But if you've got $50, that will buy you a background check and the possibility of finding your true love in 5 minutes or less. For more information, contact Vicki Marshall at 676-5801.

The deadline to sign up is this Friday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

Maybe you'll get a 40-year old virgin. Just tell them all your name it Gina.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

How did it go?

1:24 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Tom, honestly, I was surprised. I guess I'm a little skeptical about these types of events. My take on romance is far too traditional for the six-minute speed date. But, some of these guys were quality, which goes against the stigma of speed dating. As an observer, it was fun to take in the experience. I can understand how it works for some people.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home