Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Friday, December 29, 2006

Molly Ringwalds liven up local crowd

It was 8:30 when I arrived at Sidekicks last night. For two hours my friend Sarah and I sat waiting. And waiting. And waiting. The minutes felt like hours waiting on the Molly Ringwalds to begin.
I'm not sure if my impatience was caused by my distaste for bars like Sidekicks or the anticipation of the show, but I was growing more and more bored at the minutes ticked by.
Sidekicks is not a bad place, but I prefer more low-key hangouts. Plus, at big clubs you have to wait at least 20 minutes each time you visit the bar. To me, that's more frustrating than fun.
At 10:30, music pounded from the speakers and fans flocked to the stage. The show was as great as ever.
Favorite songs were played while cheesy costumes and tight choreography humored fans.
The guys joked amongst themselves on stage but weren't easily understood due to poor acoustics and their thick English accents.
However, the music easily translated. Popular 80s songs brought out the best dance moves and air guitars. As always, it is a good night when the Molly Ringwalds are in town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home