Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

To put it bluntly, what were the Grammys thinking?

Grammy nominations are out. Clearly I need to practice my karaoke because after such a poor list I'm thinking even I can be a rock star. OK, perhaps that's a little harsh ... or should I say blunt? There's only one nominee I really have a problem accepting.

James Blunt? Four nominations?

I may buy the album tonight just so I can listen to it backwards and make sure there are no hidden messages brainwashing listeners. "I know this album is overrated and overplayed, but you're going to like it. And you're going to nominate me for Grammys. Lots and lots of Grammys ... hahahaha."

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mary J. Blige, Gnarls Barkley, John Mayer, Justin Timberlake, Dixie Chicks, Tom Petty, Imogene Heap, Pharrell, Willie Nelson, Yeah Yeah Yeahs ... I can get behind musicians like these. James Blunt, I'll pass.

I'll fight my next battle on Feb. 11 if he wins

(Photo: James Blunt appears during the 49th Annual Grammy Awards nominations news conference in the Hollywood section of Los Angeles on Dec. 7. (AP Photo/Danny Moloshok))

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

He's so ugly. How in the world did he manage to talk Petra Nemcova into dating him? Who knows? Oh... and you spelled bluntly wrong.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home