Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

CMAs were worth watching

I'm a born and raised Southern girl, so it might not make sense that I really, really don't like country music. I'm sorry, but it's just not my thing. Old country wears on my nerves with the over-used wang of the steel guitar. New country annoys me just as much by trying to add pop flavor to rejuvenate its sound. I just don't find it interesting and never have.

But, last night's Country Music Association Awards almost changed my mind. The performances were non-stop and, get this -- entertaining! Believe me, I fought it. I sat in my living room with my roommate trying to hate every minute of the show. The only moment that I found truly hateable was "American Idol" finalist Kellie Pickler's well rehearsed blonde moment during the announcement of an award.

This doesn't mean I've converted. But it does mean the CMAs managed to do something other award shows have failed to do in recent years by entertaining me. Who knows, the next step may be purchasing a Keith Urban CD.

(In the photo: Ronnie Dunn (left) and Kix Brooks host the show at the 40th Annual CMA Awards in Nashville, Tenn. on Monday. (Mark Humphrey/The Associated Press)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home