Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I resolve myself to ...

Ahh, it's that time of year again. The time where we make empty promises to workout three times a week or vow to not eat sweets except for during the weekends. I'm typically not a New Year's resolution kind of gal, but this year I've felt inspired.

I'm going to become a morning person. Easy enough right? Not for me. I've never been a morning person. In high school, my older brother woke me up each morning by ripping all the covers off my bed and turning on the light. It seems cruel, but it was the only thing that worked.
I've vowed to begin waking up each morning between 5:30 and 6:15 a.m. Instead of feeling stressed out and rushed each morning, I'm going to begin giving myself more time in each day. Although this is clearly easier than kicking an addiction to sweets, it's no easy feat for a heavy sleeper such as myself. I'm not promising to workout three times a week either, but at least now I'll have the time to do so if I choose.

So, now that I've exposed my New Year's resolution that I'll likely drop in a month or so, let me know what's the one thing you've sworn to change in 2007?

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I guess it's time to dig out the obnoxiously loud-ringing alarm clock from storage! Good luck with all that. If you need a wakeup confirmation phonecall between 7:20 and 7:35 just let me know and I'll be glad to offer my services.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Everyone, meet Kate, my college roommate. Kate is familiar with my battle against morning. For Christmas our junior year, she gave me an extremely loud alarm clock that was rumored to raise the dead.
Instead it just annoyed my three roommates as I slept straight through the window-rattling sound!
Kate, you'd be proud. I'm two for two on getting up early!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very much NOT a morning person. And a resolution like that would be severely over-reaching for me. How about I just try to show up on time?

5:49 PM  
Blogger Ashley ~ said...

I gave up making resolutions in Jan, that I know I'll already be breaking by Feb. As for being a morning person,not sure I'll ever be able to change that. Oh well*

5:41 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I feel like a proud mama-bear. Is that what that disgustingly old cup of coffee was doing in your backseat the other night? Maybe you should start swinging by Starbuck's on the way to work instead of leaving your brew in the ceramic mug for days at a time... that just seems like an accident waiting to happen..good thing you have leather seats.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Netherton said...

Very funny kate! Divulge all my secrets in the blogosphere. But just so you guys know, it had only been there a day. I have a couple little travel coffee cups in my desk at the office. Unfortunately, they easily make it up to the office but have a hard time making it home. Now that you've embarrassed me, I'm pouring out the cup of joe as soon as I get home!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home