Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Tee time at the bar

There's one thing I've never fully understood about the bar atmosphere. In the typical bar, this thing can be found tucked away in a corner and swarmed by a crowd. The crowd is usually oblivious to all other noises and events within the room because they are so captivated by this one small thing.

Most guys reading this have already figured out what I'm talking about, but if you haven't I'll give you three hints.
  1. It involves a small, white rollie ball.
  2. It's lifeline exists through a wall plug.
  3. You look like an absolute fool anytime it's your turn.

By now you've probably guessed I'm talking about Golden Tee. Let me start by saying I'm a huge golf fan. Love it. Try to play whenever I can. Now, I may be lashed for this, but I have to say, what's the big deal with this game? Sure, you can take in 18 holes in about 30 minutes, and for most of us who typically hack it around in real life you can finally break 100 on your scorecard.

If you can separate yourself from this game, maybe you'll realize it's more fun to watch others play. Everyone has a strategy, a lucky course, a particular way to roll the ball to maximize distance. To onlookers beware when a birdie drops in the cup, the cheers are as robust as those heard at Augusta National.

After being roped into this game, I'm content to keep my spot in the gallery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home