Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Monday, October 09, 2006

Food steals the show at festival

The Revel is never shy when it comes to food.

It's hard to find something that isn't knock-you-off-your-feet delicious. Sure, to some, the deep fried, stuffed, loaded and all-together messy meals are downright glutinous. But to me it's the Revel's stamp of perfection.

This year, I decided I didn't want to miss any of my favorites, so I roughly mapped out the booths where I'd be making a stop. The first booth that snagged my attention was St. Joseph School serving muffaletta pizza. I'd heard it was good from my co-workers. In fact, when I mentioned I'd never had a slice I was all but flogged.

Sunday night, when I took my first bite, I found out what all the fuss was about. The pizza is filled with ham, salami, olive mix and topped off with several cheeses. Ranking booth No. 13 at the top of my list.

Today, I returned to Festival Plaza to continue my food-eating strategy. This time I stopped by the Shreveport Metropolitan Ballet booth for a crawfish pistolette. I loved the muffaletta pizza, but the pistolette give it a run for its money. The creamy crawfish bisque fills a deep-fried roll that quickly absorbs most of the delicious sauce. Booth No. 18 makes the pistolette a worthy choice for festivalgoers.

Regardless of what tempts your taste buds, my advice is simple. Eat up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I still haven't shied away from the pizza. It's just too good. I dont believe you about the pistolette.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home